Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Resignation Letter

My Resignation Letter

I was going to try and come up with some fancy title, but I figured I'd just make it plain, simple, and obvious.  I've been teetering on the edge of decision and indecision for a long time now, but Friday finally blew me over the edge.  I decided it was time for me to walk away from the center (and possibly the career field) I am working in.  It was time for me to put in my two weeks notice and resign.

There was a specific incident (or incidents, even) that helped clarify this decision for me.  One is not appropriate for sharing and the other, to sum it up, was my boss being unprofessional.  I won't go into specifics, but I've been becoming more and more unhappy with the work environment, administration, and my workplace in general.  It's time for me to move on.

I consider myself a very resourceful person, but I've actually never done something like this.  We're not really in a situation for me to quit my job, but I really, really think this is what I need to do, so I'm doing it.  I'm taking the leap, taking the risk.

I need this.

I actually had a phone interview/screening for one job today and I have an interview tomorrow.  I will get through this.  I don't know what the future has in store for me, but I'm seeing different, beautiful things now.

It's time for me to go chasing those things!

Here's a free, generic resignation letter, should you ever need one, yourself.

Boss's Name
Boss's Title
Workplace Name

I, YOUR NAME, would like to formally resign from my position as POSITION with WORKPLACE. On this day of MONTH DAY, YEAR, I am notifying BOSS'S NAME of my decision to voluntarily withdraw employment from WORKPLACE.
Please plan for my withdrawal two weeks from today. My final day available for employment at WORKPLACE will be DAYOFWEEK, MONTH DAY, YEAR.
Thank you for the opportunity at WORKPLACE and best wishes in the future!

YOUR NAME
YOUR NUMBER

0 comments:

Post a Comment