Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hit & Run and Identity Thief: One Old & One New Movie Worth Watching

Hit & Run and Identity Thief: One Old & One New Movie Worth Watching

 My husband may be a movie junkie (and TV show junkie, and horror junkie, and music junkie...), but I rarely turn on the television without purpose.  And by purpose I mean for drooling over Ian Somerhalder.  Anyway, he happen to be watching Hit & Run while I was half asleep one night last week and the next day I had to watch it myself.  We borrowed Identity Thief, and watched it, as well.  Two great movies in one week and both we free to watch?  I'll call that a win!





Hit & Run came out in August 2012, so I'm a little behind the times there.  If for some reason you haven't seen it, it features Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell as the main characters.  Charlie (Shepard's character) is in witness protection after a robbery-gone-wrong, but pacifist girlfriend Annie (Kristen Bell) needs to get to LA for her dream job interview.  Charlie is determined to get her there, even if some of his former friends try to kill him on the way.

This movie had just the right amount of funny, love, and action for me.  I'm not a big fan of in-your-face comedies like The Hangover or spoofs like Scary Movie.  Rarely do comedies like that do more than make me feel like I just waster 90 minutes of my life and lost a few brain cells.  However, the chemistry between Dax and Bell is great and the comedy in the movie is just right.  I think it's a great couple's or watch-it-yourself movie.  Anyone will like it!



The second movie we watched this week was Identity Thief.  This might qualify as one of those in-your-face type comedies, but I didn't think so.  The comedy was pretty much constant, but it was just right.  Leading roles played by Jason Bateman (Sandy Patterson) and Melissa McCarthy (Diana/identity thief).  Sandy drive across country to bring back the woman who's stolen his identity after her choices start wrecking his life.

Jason Bateman is always a great choice.  He's one of my favorite actors and played in some other favorites of mine such as Paul and Couple's Retreat.  This movie couples lots of comedy with just the right amount of action.  It's ridiculously hilarious and definitely worth watching!

Watched any great movies lately?  I would love to hear what you're watching or what you thought of these two movies!  If you haven't watched them, watch them NOW and tell me if you agree with my reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment