Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Director Selected & My Opinion on Casting

Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Director Selected & My Opinion on Casting

Announced on the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy facebook page, the movie (anticipated to be released in 2014) director has been chosen.  Sam Taylor-Johnson, whom I've never heard of, will be directing the movie.  Her debut was, apparently, in 2009 with some other movie I've never heard of--Nowhere's Boy.  It starred her husband, so I'm wondering if I that really counts?

While reading this article, I clicked on over to word&film's Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey casting polls.  I nearly choked on my own tonsils when I saw Kristen Stewart as one of the Anastasia choices.  After disappointing me in the Twilight series, she ruined Snow White & the Huntsman with her complete lack of emotion in what was supposed to be an emotional rallying of troops in a late scene in the movie.

I think if she were cast as Miss Steele for this movie, I might I have to just skip it.  Obviously, I'm not a fan of her work and it would be hard for me to enjoy anything she was in; especially if it was from another book I loved that I had such high hopes for.


 I saw the suggestion of Alexis Bledel.  I had to google her, but she does seem like she'd be a great fit!  I was leaning toward Emma Watson.  Either of these ladies, though, I think would be great Anastasia's.  Anyway, I feel more strongly about who shouldn't be playing her (AKA Kristen Stewart) than who should.

It's Christian that I feel strongly about who should be chosen.  I've mentioned before that I like to drool over Ian Somerhalder. Ian Somerhalder would play a great Christian.  We've already seen his capability to play this character, because he plays a comparable character in The Vampire Diaries as Damon.  Honestly, even if the cast Kristen Stewart...if they cast Ian, I'll have to watch this movie!

In all honesty, these two haven't been cast yet and this is all a lot of speculation and opinion.  Seriously, though, Kristen would just ruin this for me and a lot of other people, so let's hope they pick someone a little more diverse than that.

Emma Watson Photo Source | Ian Somerhalder Photo Source | Kristen Bledel Photo Source Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment