Sunday, June 23, 2013

3 Ways to Upcycle Boxes

3 Ways to Upcycle Boxes



 All of you fans of recycling, upcycling, DIYing, or saving money are going to love this quick post on creative and useful ways to upcycle old boxes.  This includes 12 packs of pop, cereal boxes, snack boxes, and more.  If you're trying to get organized, that's a plus too!
First up is organizing your kids books (or your own).  I have two boxes of books (one in my dining room and one in my living room).  I upcycled some boxes I got from a Diapers.com delivery and my cereal, snack, and similar boxes.  You can see the results!
Next is using old twelve packs boxes (I used Coke) and storing your canned goods.  I cut the tops off, but I've seen some Pintrest posts where they kept the tops on and cut out a "loading hole".  I didn't want to do this.  Anyway, I love the roll out effect this has when you stack them.  You pull one and the rest roll down.  I had to rearrange my kitchen because I had these in a lazy susan and the boxes wouldn't fit, but I prefer this way! 

Similar to organizing books, I organized all of my tupperware and small container lids using some of the smaller boxes or by cutting down cereal boxes.  What used to be a thrown together mess in a cupboard is now a relatively organized drawer where the lids and containers fit!  I love saving space!

Do you have creative upcycling methods?  What's your favorite recycling project?  Link me up to your recycling, organizing, DIYing or other posts.  If you try this, let me know!

(Because She Said Yes is my old, old blog.  Just thought this was worth re-sharing.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment