Sunday, June 16, 2013

Healthy Eats: Low Calorie Tuna & Broccoli Pasta

Healthy Eats: Low Calorie Tuna & Broccoli Pasta

Whether you know it or not, it's very ironic that I'm posting a broccoli and anything, let alone broccoli and cheese recipe on my blog.  I'll tell you why...  Up until about six months ago, I was not a broccoli eater.  Actually, I thought it was gross and I hated the smell of broccoli and cheese soup.  Ew.  Talk about rancid after breath.

Short story: broccoli was not part of my diet.

A few months ago, when I was still working at the preschool, broccoli was served as our vegetable with lunch.  I ate it (with lots of pepper) and guess what?  I love broccoli!

 Well, this past weekend I whipped up a delicious, low calorie, quick supper that could have fed all four of us (had we all been home).  Try it.  You won't be sad you did.

Tuna & Broccoli Pasta

 30 minutes | 135 calories per serving | 1 cup serving size | Makes 10 servings
Ingredients
  • 1 can (10.5 oz) 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
  • 1 can (10.5 oz) 98% Fat Free Broccoli & Cheese Condensed Soup
  • 2 medium stalks Broccoli (chopped)
  • 4 cups Egg Noodles
  • 2 cans (1 cup) Chunk Light Tuna in Water
Instructions
  1. Chop broccoli.
  2. Add 1 to 2 inches of water in sauce pan.  Add broccoli, cover, and steam.
  3. Boil water for egg noodles.  Add noodles and cook to desired consistancy.
  4. Drain broccoli and noodles.
  5. Mix all ingredients and serve. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment