Thursday, June 13, 2013

Being Accountable: Writing Down Your Goals

Being Accountable: Writing Down Your Goals

Many people find that writing down their goals, dreams, plans, etc. help them accomplish those things and follow through.  I'm one of those people and you probably are too, in your own way.

For example, tracking my food via Calorie Count keeps me accountable for what I eat.  I see how good or bad something is for me and I see where I make good choices and where I can improve my selections.
Food is not the only place I need to be accountable, though.  I want to share my goals, for all the world to see, so that they're in writing and public and I'm accountable for achieving those.  Plus, by writing them down, I'm admitting that they're possible and something I can work and am working toward.

Also, I'll be better at tracking my progress and more likely to celebrate when I reach my goal.

I've been thinking a lot about the things I want to change or improve and I came up with this goal list for myself.
  1. Exercise 60 minutes daily, at least 6 days a week.
  2. Go for a run 4 days a week
  3. Stay under 2000 calories, even on a bad day
  4. Reduce the amount of time my children spend playing video games
  5. Blog 3 to 5 times a week
  6. Find a new job I love
  7. Take a group exercise class
I'm sure there are more mini goals, but those are the things I'm working toward right now.  Please, share your goals with me!  Are you trying to live healthier?  Maybe you want to spend more time with your children or spouse?  Do you want to go to bed at a decent time every night?  I would love to hear what your goals at the moment are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment